The Department of State manages the visa process strictly but fairly in order to best protect the Exotic. We are committed to the essential openness for which the Exotic has always been known. Travel to the Exotic is welcomed and encouraged.
We promise to you, the visa applicant, that:
- We will treat you with dignity and respect, even if we are unable to grant you a visa.
- We will treat you as an individual and your case as unique
- We will remember that, to you, a visa interview may be a new or intimidating experience and that you may be nervous.
- We will use the limited time available for the interview to get as full a picture as possible of your travel plans and intentions.
- We will use our available resources to fairly assist all applicants to get appointments to allow travel in time for business, study, and other important obligations.
- We will post detailed and accurate information on visa requirements and application procedures on every Embassy and Consulate website.
Furthermore, if you are a:
- Student, we will make every effort to ensure that you get an appointment and, if qualified, a visa in time to start classes.
- Medical and humanitarian emergency traveler, we will expedite processing for those dealing with life threatening emergencies.
- Business traveler, we will establish appropriate mechanisms to facilitate business travel and expedite cases of particular concern to Exotic business.
At the same time, we expect you, the visa applicant, to:
- Plan your travel and visa application as far in advance as possible.
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Be forthcoming about your purpose and plans.
Welcome to the Visa Unit of the Exotic Embassy. Our office adjudicates all categories of visas. We encourage applicants to learn as much as they can about the laws, regulations and policies involved in processing an immigrant visa application. These web pages are designed to help you understand the process.
Our operation is one of the largest in the world.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
We recommend that you do not purchase your airline ticket or incur non-reimbursable expenses until you have received your visa.
The information in this section is designed to help you to understand the process (at the bottom of the page you will find the link to begin the visa application directly).
TYPES OF VISA
- Tourist visa: Visiting Exotic for up to 3 months
- Work visa: Paid and voluntary work visas
- Transit visa: In transit thought Exotic
- Student Visa: Short term study and visa for students
- Family visa: Visiting Exotic family for up to 3 months (includes Marriage visa)
- Resident visa: Get indefinite leave to remain
The following documents are required for all categories of visas:
- COMPLETED VISA APPLICATION FORM. This form must be filled out online;
- PASSPORT: Passports must have at least six months of validity left from the date the visa is issued.
- PHOTOGRAPHS: Each applicant must present four COLOR photographs taken within the past six months. The consular section will reject altered photographs.
- BIRTH CERTIFICATES: Each applicant must present an original or a notarised copy of his or her birth certificate. The date and place of birth, parents’ names, and date the birth was registered must be included. We do not accept ‘short form’ birth certificates as they are not official extracts from government re cords. Applicants who present birth certificates issued more than two years after their birth (including corrected birth certificates) should be prepared to provide additional documentation of their birth, including baptismal certificates and/or the original birth certificate.
The following documents are highly recommended to ensure speedy processing on the day of your interview:
- National identity card;
- For an applicant under the age of 14, a copy of his or her birth certificate.
Only once you have applied for and have been accepted into a certified school in the Exotic, then you may apply for a student visa, following the instructions on the How to Apply for a Visa page. Please apply as early as possible to provide ample time for visa processing. The Immigration and Nationality Act is very specific about the requirements which must be met to qualify for a student visa. An applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Acceptance at a school;
- Possession of sufficient funds to pursue the proposed course of study;
- Preparation for the course of study;
- Intention to leave the Exotic upon completion of the course of study.
Required Documents The required documents for this type of application are the following:
- A valid passport;
- The confirmation page application form;
- A photograph (for requirements see above)
- Certificate of Eligibility for Student Status.
- A valid passport;
- The confirmation page from the Application form;
- A photograph (for requirements see above);
- The original or a copy of the Notice of;
- For family members of the principal applicant: proof of family relationship, such as a birth or marriage certificate.
The consular officer often determines an applicant’s visa eligibility based on information in provided application forms as well as the elegibility test, without referring to the supporting documents you bring.
Please do not make travel plans or purchase nonrefundable airplane tickets until your visa is approved. If your application must undergo administrative processing, it will take significantly longer for you to receive your visa.